Monday, Apr 6
- R’s memory architecture with package
- Understand copy-on-modify for atomic vectors, lists, and data frames
- Reading big data into R
- Manipulating big data with package
- Slides: HTML, Rmd
- Chapter 2, Advanced R by Wickham, H.
- Programming with BIG Data in R: Scaling Analytics from One to Thousands of Nodes
by Schmidt, D., Chen, W., Matheson, M., & Ostrouchov, G.
Databases and SQL
Wednesday, Apr 8
- Understand DBMS and terminology
- Connect to a SQL database
- Query a database in R
dplyrto a database
Friday, Apr 10
Exercise of the week
Lahmanas a table to your in-memory database.
Compute the team salaries for each team in 2016 and display the 5 teams with the highest payroll. Which team had the lowest payroll in that year?
Which 10 teams had the highest winning percentage since 1990?
Combine the batting and salaries tables? Take a look at